Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ready and waiting, just like the rest of you

I'm not even going to talk about the nap thing anymore, because it's a disaster, and that's all I can say without breaking down into tears at this point.

I've been receiving a lot of phone calls, text messages, e-mails and Facebook messages/wall posts. I do appreciate that so many of you are thinking of us, but don't be offended if I don't reply. I'm just getting tired of the same old question and the same old answer. It almost makes me more irritated each time I have to tell someone that "I'm doing fine" and "no, I haven't had the baby yet." Constant reminders that I'm still here, still pregnant, still uncomfortable, still waiting to meet my baby, just aren't too much fun. I'm sure you all understand. And you will be notified when baby arrives. You don't have to worry about that. ;-)

I never had to deal with this with Maddie, since she came at 38 weeks exactly, and nobody was really expecting news at that point. I'm now 39w1d -- less than a week away from my due date -- but I could be here for a while. My doctor is comfortable letting me go a few days past 42 weeks before she becomes antsy to get baby out. And while I pray going that long won't happen, I need to be realistic and know it is a possibility.

But baby, if you're reading, I'm ready for you to come any second now. Really. Any second.

No comments:

Post a Comment