Monday, January 4, 2010

New year, new blog

Because it's a new year, I figure I'll just jump right in and start off where we are – no recaps about what's been going on for the past several months or anything like that.

We rang in 2010 – well, kind of – with friends Bill and Michelle and their two kids, Brookelynn and Boden. They left by about 9 p.m. so they could get the kids to bed, but before then we had a fabulous meal of lobster, potatoes, caramelized mushrooms and salad (with appetizers beforehand), and the kids had Happy Meals. Maddie must have been hungry, because she ate all four of her Chicken McNuggets. Yuck. I'll never understand why kids love those things so much. Michelle also brought cheesecake bites, which I ate way too many of, and I bought – I mean "made" – these mini chocolate fudge cakes. Yumm!!

The kids played in Maddie's tent and tunnel for the longest time,


and then they posed for a few pics in front of the fireplace.


The adults had a nice time visiting, and I enjoyed my O'Doul's Amber – my party beverage of choice when I'm unable to have the real stuff. It's actually pretty good, in case you're in a similar "situation."

Today it's back to the real world for me – for the next eight weeks at least. My last day of work is Feb. 25 (my birthday), and I'm not coming back after this baby arrives. I'm really excited to become a stay-at-home-mom – or SAHM for short – but I'm a little nervous, too. Luckily there are a few other SAHMs in our neighborhood, so hopefully they'll help me stay sane. I'll be 35 weeks pregnant when I leave work, so the plan is to have a few weeks at home to enjoy with Maddie before the new baby arrives. We're taking a vacation to Mexico at the end of January/beginning of February – Maddie is coming with – so that means I only have seven weeks of actual work left.

I suppose I should get back to work since that's where I am. There's nothing more exciting than golf in Wisconsin ... in January!

I'll leave you with this picture of Maddie giving one of her babies "uggs." She'll be a great big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment