Friday, June 18, 2010

Has it really been two months?

Wow!

Have I really only posted one entry since Macy was born? I've found that my computer time is seriously limited now that I'm staying home with two children, and when I do have a free minute, I have real things to do. Even right now, as I try to sit here and type while Macy naps (on our bed -- something that doesn't happen often because she likes to be held), Maddie is all over me. Actually, that's the real reason I don't update. Every time I get on the computer, she wants to watch videos of herself!

Macy is going to be 10 weeks old on Monday. I took her in for her 2-month visit on Monday, and the kid is 13 pounds, 12 ounces and 23 1/4 inches long -- the 98th and 82nd percentiles, respectively. She is a lot bigger than Maddie was. In fact, at her 1-month visit, Macy weighed what Maddie did at her 2-month visit. I'm very surprised she's gained so much weight, because she nurses quickly and not all that frequently. I guess she's efficient!

Maddie has adjusted pretty well to having a little sister. She's pretty good to Macy most of the time. We have some really big news ... SHE'S POTTY TRAINED! She went and stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Schaefer for a few days, and during that time she started going on the potty and staying pretty dry. So when she came home, Matt and I did a three-day potty training bootcamp, and by the fourth day she didn't have any accidents. She's been potty trained for almost two weeks now. The first three days were exhausting for us, but they were worth it!

Macy has been sleeping in our bed for nearly two hours now -- and she'd been sleeping in my arms for an hour and a half before that -- so I think I need to go check on her. Hopefully I'll be back soon with more updates and photos, but you can check Facebook if you're anxious. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment